Comparison of Explosive Potential of Gasoline vs. Dynamite
m***@gmail.com
2018-02-08 11:07:32 UTC
I'm looking for a realistic comparison of the explosive potential of
gasoline in a finely atomized or vaporized state to a standard TNT
formulation. (Whatever formulation is typically used for the comparison of
explosive strengths.)
A web search has yielded a great variety of figures ("a gallon of gasoline
is equal to 4, 8, 10, 22, or 115 sticks of dynamite" - take your pick) but
no calculational basis that I can examine.
I suspect, but cannot verify since none of the calculations are shown, that
one of the causes of the variability is tied up with the assumed time
duration of the gasoline energy release (energy/unit time).
Assuming the gasoline atomization/vaporization is near theoretical
perfection would seem to be a reasonable basis to eliminate at least that
particular source of variability.
Try a bleve, that's what happened to me with only a few gallons of unleaded gas.
e***@gmail.com
2018-07-30 21:08:30 UTC
Thank you good info this is JAMES GORDON FREIBERG SO YOU KNOW WHO IS REAL. I SEE THat I am a bit off when I say gas exploder is about 7sticks of TNT thank you
p***@gmail.com
2020-05-04 21:48:57 UTC
I'm looking for a realistic comparison of the explosive potential of
gasoline in a finely atomized or vaporized state to a standard TNT
formulation. (Whatever formulation is typically used for the comparison of
explosive strengths.)
A web search has yielded a great variety of figures ("a gallon of gasoline
is equal to 4, 8, 10, 22, or 115 sticks of dynamite" - take your pick) but
no calculational basis that I can examine.
I suspect, but cannot verify since none of the calculations are shown, that
one of the causes of the variability is tied up with the assumed time
duration of the gasoline energy release (energy/unit time).
Assuming the gasoline atomization/vaporization is near theoretical
perfection would seem to be a reasonable basis to eliminate at least that
particular source of variability.
years ago i read that a V8 (1piston firing) I equal to 80 sticks ???