“Exploding Paint”
l***@gmail.com
2018-04-28 21:32:10 UTC
Hi all, when I was in high school,the teacher made a liquid which when it dried out the slightest pressure made it “explode”. I think it was a potassium permanganate base with possibly iodine mixed with it, but I cannot remember exactly what was used(high school was a good twenty years ago.
Can anyone tell me the ingredients/chemicals used and the correct proportional mix for this???
FMurtz
2018-04-29 06:48:42 UTC
Iodine crystals and ammonia.
l***@gmail.com
2018-05-02 10:15:19 UTC
Thanks very much,I don’t suppose you know the ratios by any chance?
FMurtz
2018-05-29 09:58:58 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Thanks very much,I don’t suppose you know the ratios by any chance?
Just put the crystals with a bit of strong ammonia Put it on blotting
paper and when the ammonia dries off it becomes extremely unstable so
don't make much. if a fly walks on a crystal it will blow up.
When I was young we made a very small amount and let it dry on some
absorbent paper and it kept popping all night from insects blowing up.
Some naughty children used to put it in key slots, if you put it on the
floor for people to walk on you will get in much trouble from mummy as
it leaves stains.